Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Craft - Controlling your Bobbin Tails

Hello and Welcome to a clever Craft today.  I stumbled across this sewing tip that was posted on the Threads magazine sight.  What a great idea!  Had to do it!

 
Picked up a couple of feet of this 5⁄8-inch transparent plastic tubing in the plumbing section at Home Hardware.  The website said they used 7/8ths inch tubing but that seemed too large, so I went with 5/8ths inch instead.   I eyeballed and cut it with some kind of cutter tool that I found in Hubby’s collection.  It doesn’t have to be perfect but you want it to fit snug.  Cut a slit for a flexible opening on each ring and wrap it around each of your bobbins to hold the tails in place.
About 30 years ago, I made myself this handy dandy board for my thread and bobbins just by pounding nails in it.  Just perfect!

 
However, yes there are tails all over the place.  My grandson helped me put these pieces of tubing around each bobbin – the top ones are done but you can see the tails on the bottom few.  What a genius idea!

 
Check back on Friday for my regular MDS digital scrap page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...