Friday, April 14, 2017

Paper Pieced Bumblebee One Hour Card Class 010 OHCC010


The beautiful Dragonfly Dreams bundle set includes a sweet little bumblebee – I love how realistic he looks!  I have made many dragonfly cards but decided it was time to use the bee. I made the honeycomb background by brayering ink onto the raised side of the Honeycomb Embossing Folder then closing the folder and giving it a good rub to transfer the ink. 

Added some splatters and lace images to my panel, then roughed up the edges before adhering it to my card. 

I stamped and die cut the bee.  Sponged his wings. 

Then I sponged a scrap of white with ink and stamped the body only. 

I cut out the body and attached it to the wing piece. 

I changed the color of my baker’s twine by setting the twine on the ink pad.  Set a sponge on top and pull the twine to recolor it. 

I think the rest is fairly straight forward.  Not that it shows in the picture but I added a bit of sparkle on the bee with clear Wink of Stella. 

And, of course, a matching envelope.

Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams (Occasions 2017), Gorgeous Grunge, Delicate Details (SAB 2017).

Cardstock: Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Very Vanilla, White, Black.

Ink: Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Basic Gray, black marker, Black.

Accessories: 7” of White Baker’s twine, Stitched Thinlits, the Layering Circles Framelits, Dimensionals, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits dies, Misti, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Brayer, distressing tool, Delightful Dijon dotted lace trim, Venetian Crochet trim, Bunch of Banners framelits dies, tweezers, Wink of Stella, sponges, Snail.

If you have never made a card before, you will love these One Hour Card Class workshops!  We will complete a card with a matching envelope – ready for the mail!  I host card classes every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  You pick the day and the time that suits you.  Message or email me for more info. As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I’m here to give you fun ideas, share specials & teach you about fabulous stampin products. Let's unleash your creativity!  You can order SU! products online and have them shipped directly to your door. Simply click on the “Shop Now” button in my banner (or I can order for you). I would be most happy to be your Canadian demonstrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...