Friday, April 7, 2017

Folded Paper Flower - One Hour Card Class 009 - OHCC009


My good friend and stamping buddy, Lana, gifted me with these two paper flowers.  She said she has a die that does all the scoring and scallop edging for her.  I dawned on me that it has been a lot of years since I made these so I thought I would show you how to make them without a die.

There seems to be a lot of different names for this folded paper flower - paper rosette, fan fold flower, fan fold medallion, accordion paper flower, are some that I have seen.  Regardless of what it is called, it is pretty simple to make. I came across this layout on Pinterest and really liked it.  I made very slight changes to make it fit my folded paper flower. 

I cut the DSP I” x 10” and scored every ¼” from the wrong side for this flower.

I folded it like an accordion.  Once I persuaded it into a circle, I adhered a 1-3/8” circle covered in glue to the wrong side.

Flip the flower to the right side and fill the hole with glue – I do think a Hot glue gun would be quicker to use for this part.  Hold until the glue starts to set. 

Then set a heavy object on top of the rosette to weigh it down while the glue cures – I used my external hard drive and my coffee cup! 

Finished it off with a tiny die and a pearl.

The banner was cut at 1-3/4” x 4-3/4”. 

Once I die cut the flourish, I cut it apart as I wanted about another ½” spread from it.

And, of course, a matching envelope.

I decided I would make a Thank You card for Lana using one of her folded paper flowers she gave me. 

I received an exchange card from a good stamping friend that I’ve known probably for ten years but have never met, Madge.  Stampin Up! claims there is ‘no shame in copying’ so I copied Madge’s - I loved the layout of her card! 

Stamps: Flourishing Phrases.

Cardstock: writing tablet paper, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, white, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP (09/10).

Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry.

Tools: Score board, Fast Fuse Adhesive, Sponge, Score board, Tombow glue, bone folder, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Silicone Craft Sheet, Dimensionals.

Punches/Dies: 1-3/8” circle, wide oval punch, Flourish Thinlits dies.

If you have never made a card before, you will love these One Hour Card Class workshops!  We will complete a card with a matching envelope – ready for the mail!  I host card classes every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  You pick the day and the time that suits you.  Message or email me for more info.  As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I’m here to give you fun ideas, share specials & teach you about fabulous stampin products. Let's unleash your creativity!  You can order SU! products online and have them shipped directly to your door. Simply click on the “Shop Now” button in my banner (or I can order for you). I would be most happy to be your Canadian demonstrator.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...