Tuesday, March 22, 2016

SU268 Watercolor Resist


There has been a lot of watercolor backgrounds on Pinterest using this particular stamp set so I wanted to give it a try.  Decided I would follow Stamped Silly’s video for instructions since she said it was quick and easy and could be done under 10 minutes!  I didn’t find it quite as easy as she makes it look but it was fun!  The added bonus - the stamp set is FREE with a $60 purchase during Sale-A-Bration but it ends March 31st, 2016!

Stamps: Botanicals For You, Work of Art (for the inside and envelope).

Cardstock: Black, Gold, Marina Mist , Whisper White, Watercolor Paper,


Accessories: Black Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Aqua Painters, Embossing Buddy, Gold Metallic bakers twine, Wink of Stella, sponge, gold sequins, fun foam.

Punch: Trio flower, ¼” circle.

To do the Watercolor Resist, stamp your image with Versamark on watercolor paper.  Emboss the Just for You in black EP.  Add water to your watercolor paper covering only the area you want to add color - which is down the middle.  I happen to have re-inkers but you can also push on your stamp pad lid to add some color to the lid and pick up color that way.  Starting with your middle color, use your aqua painter to pick up some of the ink then touch down.  Gently color that area allowing your ink to spread.  If you want a more intense color, just add more ink.  Repeat with your next area you want to color and continue until you have added all the color you want.  Use a heat tool to dry it.  Your paper will warp when it is wet causing the colors to bleed into one another.  If you do not want your colors to bleed, tape the edges of your paper on to your work surface using low tack painter's tape before staring.

I didn’t have any Fast Fuse so I just used normal Snail on my fun foam.  It really does not hold that good to the foam.



I did some splattering too – can you see it?



I punched ¼” circles from black cardstock and colored them with Wink of Stella for the flower centers.  I also added a few scattered sequins.



I cheated for my envelope and the inside of my card – I used the smears from the Work of Art stamp set!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...