Tuesday, December 9, 2014

SU240 Greetings of the Season Owl Card

This Santa Owl was based on a card I found online using the Stampin Up Owl Punch.   It is so cute and a great addition to my Christmas cards.  To make him, I punched out his feet and very little of his chest in black, aligned and glued his white vest in place on the black.  I punched out a red owl, removed the feet then glued the vest and black feet to the red owl.  I cut a triangle for his hat about ½” wide by 1” tall, topped it with a flower pompom and used the horizontal slot punch to give him fur across the bottom of his hat.  I gave him a black belt, punched a ¼” circle from gold cardstock then centered the ½” circle punch over that for his belt.  Lots of fiddly little detail, but well worth it!!

Stamps – Greetings of the Season (Holiday Mini 2012)

Card Stock - Black, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Garden Green, White.

Ink - Real Red, Garden Green.

Accessories - Red grosgrain ribbon, sponge, Owl Builder punch, 1/4" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Horizontal slot punch, unknown flower punch, Bird Builder punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...