Friday, December 26, 2014

Sewing - Elf on the Shelf Skirt Tutorial

I am constantly calling the Elves ‘he’!  The girls keep informing me that they are ‘girl’ elves.  I told them that girls are not as bad as these two elves are but they insist they are girls!  The next time they showed up at our house, they were wearing skirts so I guess they really are mischievous girls!  There are lots of skirt tutorials on Pinterest.  This is what I did.

Cut the skirt fabric 4 inches long by 15 inches wide.  Chalk mark and press both long edges 1/2”.

Sew one edge for the elastic casing. Attach a safety pin to one end of 1/8 inch elastic cut to 4.5 inches long and insert into your casing.

Stitch to secure the elastic.

Open hem and sew center back seam.

I sewed some trim on the front catching the hem at the same time.

And that’s it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...