Friday, October 3, 2014

Beginning Project Life by Stampin' Up Scrapbooking

Ok, I am going to give this a try!  What is Project Life you ask??  Quote: “Project Life provides an ultra-simple solution that helps us get those pictures into albums. The idea is simple: Photos + memorabilia + journaling together in an album - everything slips into pockets. It requires no glue, no scissors, no tools, and no skills of any kind. The design of our products takes the guess work out of layout design so that you can focus on recording your everyday moments through your photos and journaling. The simple design is stylish and makes it possible for you to complete more pages in less time.  The results are stunning.”

Becky Higgins is the founder and has partnered with SU!  You can look at the products or order HERE.

I decided I was going to use the standard photo pocket pages.  Most of my pictures are taken horizontally so I figured this would work best for me.  You get four, 4x6” pockets and four 3x4 pockets on one page, 12 pages in a package - 135295.  Next, you will need an album.  I chose the Black Faux Leather 12x12”, 3 ring binder - 135292.  And the Project Life journaling pens - 135304.

Then I ordered the Happiness is Project Life Card Collection - 135307.  You would scratch your head at me if you seen the amount of paper I have but whatever, it’s in my hands!  But look how much stuff you get!  Each piece is double sided, some are for journaling, some are horizontal, some are vertical - the prints and patterns are the perfect complement to your pages.  You get a large assortment of 4x6, 3x4 and 4x4 cards!  These are fillers for the page pockets should you not have enough pictures.

Everything fits perfectly in the box it comes in.  There is even a spot to hold your pen!

Of course, I had to order the Happiness is Project Life Accessory Pack – 135309 since it matches so nicely with the card collection!  You get little pocket cards, sticker sheets, cork sticker sheets, accent sticker pads, some die cut wood elements and a roll of washi tape!

There is a blank spot at the back of the Card Collection box.  The Accessory Pack fits perfectly in that spot!  You could use the lid to store the pictures you are working on.

Now I started sorting/deleting through my pictures on the computer.  I organize my pictures in a program called Zoom Browser – I’m using a PC with Windows 7.  I create a folder called Pictures 2014 or whatever the year is then I add subfolders – 01 January, 02 February etc.   By putting the numbers in front, it keeps the months in order.

Then I had a brainwave – why not put some of the pictures in 3x4” photo boxes in MDS???  So I opened a blank 11x8.5” page and made six, 3x4” photo boxes per page.   I can now right click on it and Insert Duplicate Page!

Then I started dropping pictures that really didn’t have any background that wasn’t important to me.

I uploaded my 4x6” pictures to London Drugs for printing and sent 12 of my MDS pages of 6 pictures each to SU! for printing.  My 4x6 pictures arrived so I dated each one of them.  You can either use a photo safe pen/pencil or I have this date thingy.

My pages from SU! should be here any day!  I can hardly wait!  I noticed a Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits Dies – 135707 - that I may have to order next time.  That would really help to cut out my 3x4 pictures.  Hope to show you some pages as soon as I get some done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...