Friday, December 6, 2019

Dashing Deer - LICI-D-07


I had joined a Paper Share when the 2018 Holiday catalogue came out.  Paper Shares are a great way of seeing all the paper in the catalogue plus you don’t have a huge amount of paper to touch and feel and smell and store etc for years!!  Figured I had loved it long enough, so it was time to chop it!  I had 12 sheets of 6” x 6“paper, two of each design of this beautiful double-sided Joyous Noel Specialty DSP.  One side is designed with copper foil accents, it is just stunning! The other side is absolutely stunning too but there is just something about that copper!   I ended up with 24 cards, two of each card.  So here is my 7th of 12, Love It Chop It cards, using this DSP.


Stamps: Dashing Deer (inside, Holiday 2018).

Cardstock: White, Tranquil Tide, Myth’s and Magic Glimmer Paper, Joyous Noel Specialty DSP (Holiday 2018).

Ink: Versamark, Tranquil Tide.

Tools: Tombow adhesive, snail adhesive, glue dots, sequins, Copper embossing powder.

Punches/Dies: Blizzard Thinlits Die, Detailed Deer Thinlits dies.


Used a full panel from my Love It Chop It pile (5-1/4” x 4”).  I cut it down to 3-3/4” x 5” and adhered to a 5-1/4” x 4” white panel. Cut 2 pieces of Myth’s and Magic Glimmer Paper 1” x 4-1/4”. Tear one long edge of each.  Add dimensionals to the top piece and add to the bottom of the DSP to look like snow. Trim edges then add to the card front.


I don’t have the Copper Foil so I pounced my Versamark ink pad on to a fair size piece of cardstock, poured Copper embossing powder over it and heat embossed.  Then die cut the deer.  I also cut both deer in Whisper White card stock, layered the copper deer on top of the Whisper White deer offsetting them so that there is a “white shadow” showing as Mary Knabe did for the inspiration of my card.


I used the Blizzard Thinlits Die to cut the snowflakes from Myth’s and Magic Glimmer Paper.  Added some sequins from my stash.


Stamped an image and phrase for the inside of the card.  Since I saved that small strip that I cut off my DSP panel, I adhered it to the bottom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...