Monday, April 8, 2019

Diagonal Slant Card – LICI-B-001

As I said in my last post, I came across a video by Kylie Bertucci called Love It Chop It.  So worth the watch if you are a cardmaker!  This time I grabbed a package of DSP from my stash called Everyday Enchantment from SAB 2012!  I chopped it in 5-1/4” strips then cut the strips into 4” pieces.  Kept the leftover strips too.  I stored all the pieces in a SU! Full Wide Stamp Case.  I cut the cardboard backing from the package to fit in the front of the stamp case so I could remember the name of it.  I cut a sample of whatever ribbon I had that matched the kit and taped it to the cardboard.  I didn’t have the old ink pads but I had the Peach Parfait and Lucky Limeade markers, if I need them plus I had brads that matched so I tucked them in the stamp case with the chopped DSP.  This is the first card I made but I will post all the cards once I am finished using the DSP.  I was inspired by Brian’s post (tutorial at the bottom of his post). I’m hosting a Monthly Card Challenge on the Craft Addicts Facebook page.  This is the card I chose for April.  


Stamps: Balloon Adventures (Occasions 2017).

Cardstock: Everyday Enchantment (SAB 2012), Peek a Boo Peach, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Gold.

Ink: Soft Suede.

Tools: Stamparatus, bone folder, purchased envelope, sponge, dimensionals, Tombow adhesive, snail adhesive, glue dots, sequins, Scattered Sequins embossing folder.

Punches/Dies: Celebrate You Dies, Balloon Pop Up dies, Balloon Bouquet punch.

Cut Peek a Boo Peach cardstock and DSP the same size (5-1/4” x 4”). 

With right side of DSP facing you, pencil mark at 2-1/4” from the bottom of the left edge and 2-3/4” from the right edge.  Cut apart following the pencil marks.  You can now make 2 cards but set one aside for now. 

Sponge all four sides with Soft Suede ink.  Adhere to the top of the Peek a Boo Peach panel.  Sponge edges with Soft Suede ink. 

Pencil mark 2” from bottom of panel.  Run through the Sequins EF up to the pencil lines.  Set aside.



Cut Very Vanilla at 1-1/8” x 4-1/2”.  Sponge the long edges.  Adhere below the DSP. 



Cut edges even.  Sponge.  Adhere to a Soft Suede card.



Die cut one balloon and the word ‘You’ in Very Vanilla; one balloon in Peach; the word ‘Celebrate’ in Soft Suede; the bow in gold.  Set aside.

Punch one balloon in Soft Suede and another in Peach.  Adhere as backing for the Vanilla and Peach die cut balloons.  Overlap the balloons adhere together with a glue dot.  Add dimensionals and adhere all die cuts to the card front.



Glue dot the bow to the base of the balloons.  Add gold sequins.

Cut a Vanilla White panel at 5-1/4” x 4” for the inside of the card.  Stamp a phrase from the Balloon Adventures stamp set (Occasions 2017) in Soft Suede ink and adhere to the inside of the card.



Decorate an envelope with balloon images.



You can order SU! products online and have them shipped directly to your door. Simply click on the “Shop Now” button in my banner (or I can order for you). I would be most happy to be your Canadian demonstrator (since April 2006).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...