Friday, June 19, 2015

Borax and Jam Ant Bait Recipe

Since making the previous recipe HERE, I found this one on Pinterest too.  Much smaller batch and a lot less fuss to make.  Doesn’t make me feel any less guilty however!

Mix two teaspoons of borax with one teaspoon of jam, jelly, honey or syrup until it is a paste. Smear some on cotton balls or a plate and put it where the ants are. They will flock to it, eat it and take it back to the nest.  Apparently it acts as a natural ant killer.  I really hope it just puts them to sleep so they don’t suffer!

UPDATE:  Hubby took these cotton balls out to the farm where there was a ton of ants. He said the ants never did flock to this mixture, even a day or two later.  Guess I will stick to my original recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...