Friday, March 11, 2011

MDS 002 Scrap Page


This ia an 8.5x11, portrait page
Here is another simple scrap page that you can put together in minutes. The paper I used for this page is Elegant Soiree that I purchased from SU! but you can choose any Designer Kit that you have.

It seems to me that there is about 3 ways to do everything in MDS. This is the way I do it so this is how I will show you. I am using Windows 7. You Mac or other Windows people may have some adjustments to make. All this info plus more can be found by clicking HELP (across the top of the program) > My Digital Studio Help.

Open our Practice Album that we created last time (or type 'MDS Scrap Page 1' in the Search Box, top left corner). Choose Insert (from the toolbar across the top) > Add Page from the menu > Blank Page > OK.

Click on Background Papers (on the right) > Designer Series Paper > Designer Kits > Elegant Soiree > Pattern 4 > OK.

Turn on your Bleed area. View > Guides > Photo Page Bleed Area. Anything you put past the gray areas could get cut off during printing. I keep my photos inside this area but I don’t worry too much about the embellishments. Also, change your margins. File > Print set up > change all margins to 0. It will adjust automatically to the minimum size. If the whole page does not show up on your screen, click on the – (minus) button in the lower, right corner (Zoom area) and reduce to 75%. Ok, now back to work!
Here is the page before I added my Photo boxes. I will likely use one of the boxes for my Text. You can add as many Photo boxes as you want. I’m all about lots of pictures on a page.
Under the Design Center (on the right) click on Background Papers > Designer Series Paper > Designer Kits > Elegant Soiree > Pattern 5 > click on Add as Page Layer. Double click the box that opened. Drag across the whole page, about 2” wide > OK. Move it to about 1” from the bottom of your page.
Under the Resource Pallet (on the left), click on the Embellishment icon > Browse > Staple and Stitching > Open.
Drag the Chocolate Chip zigzag to the bottom of your stripe piece.
Under the Design Center (on the right) click on Background Papers > Designer Series Paper > Designer Kits > Elegant Soiree > Pattern 6 > click on Add as Page Layer. Double click the box that opened. Drag across the whole page, about 4” wide > OK. Move it to fit above the stripes.
Under the Resource Pallet (on the left), click on the Embellishment icon > Browse > Grosgrain Ribbon > Open > Drag the Baja Breeze ribbon on to your page two times. Arrange at the top and bottom of pattern 6.
Under the Resource Pallet (on the left), click on the Embellishment icon > Browse > Staple and Stitching > Open.
Drag the Chocolate Chip zigzag on to the top ribbon.
Under the Resource Pallet (on the left), click on the Stamp icon > Browse > Baroque Motif > Open > Drag the Flourish stamp on to the bottom, right side of your page. Enlarge it a bit by grabbing one of the gray handles (small boxes) with your mouse. While it is highlighted, click on Change Color (on right side) > Chocolate Chip > OK.
Under the Resource Pallet (on the left), click on the Embellishment icon > Browse > Button Latte > Open > Drag three buttons on to your page and place to your liking under the Flourish stamp.

When I finish a page I am pleased with, I like to duplicate it. Insert > Insert Duplicate Page Mirrored. Sometimes I use it as a double page spread and sometimes I just bump it forward for another layout.

Leave me Feedback if you enjoyed this. If you create this page, send me the link and I’d be happy to post it here.

Don't miss the BIGGEST PROMOTION of the YEAR - Sale a Bration!  For every $60 you spend, you get one gift from the Sale a Bration catalogue!  You can combine download orders with anything else from the catalogue. 
Just click on the On Line Ordering button in my left sidebar and your order will be mailed directly to you!   Downloads will go to your computer automatically.  Offer expires 3/31/2011.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...