Friday, March 4, 2011

MDS 001 Scrap Page

Welcome to my 1st digital scrapbook page.  I think I could really get hooked scrapbooking this way!  I would like to show you some very simple scrap pages that you can put together in minutes. Well, maybe not if this is your first time using MDS but it really won’t take you long … promise! For this page, everything I used comes with MDS (My Digital Studio).

It seems to me that there is about 3 ways to do everything in MDS. This is the way I do it so this is how I will show you. I am using Windows 7. You Mac or other Windows people may have some adjustments to make. All this info plus more can be found by clicking HELP (across the top of the program) > My Digital Studio Help.

If you are starting a new project, your first step will be to choose what type of project you wish to work on. The welcome screen will ask you to select a project type from the available options. To make your selection, click the corresponding project. Because I choose to do 8-1/2x11 pages, I will click on Photo Album and choose the 8-1/2” X 11” (portrait) size. If you prefer to do a 12x12 album, click on it instead.

You have the option of choosing between creating a project from Designer templates, using a Photo Only template, or Create Your Own templates. We will choose the Create Your Own option – this one gives us complete control over all design decisions, one element at a time.

Name your project by typing a name in the Project Name box. When My Digital Studio creates your project, this will be the name of the project folder. We will call it Practice Album. Click OK. Choose Insert (across the top) > Add Page from the menu > Blank Page > OK.

Click on Background Papers (on the right) > Designer Series Paper > Blooms > Bermuda Bay > OK.

You now have a page with Bermuda Bay Blooms on it. Turn on your Bleed area. View > Guides > Photo Page Bleed Area. Anything you put past the gray areas could get cut off during printing. I keep my photos inside this area but I don’t worry too much about any embellishments. Also, change your margins. File > Print set up > change all margins to 0. It will adjust automatically to the minimum size. If the whole page does not show up on your screen, click on the – (minus) button in the lower, right corner (Zoom area) and reduce to 75%. Ok, now back to work!
This is what the page looks like befor I put the photo boxes in place:Under the Resource Pallet (on the left), click on the Punch icon > Drag the 1.25” circle punch on to your page. Enlarge it by grabbing one of the gray handles (small boxes) around the edges with your mouse. While it is highlighted, click on Paper Fill (bottom, left side) > Brocade > So Saffron > OK > Mat (on the right side) > move the Size to 6 > Change > Click on Whisper White > OK > OK.

Drag the Curly Label Punch on to your page. Enlarge it by grabbing one of the gray handles (small boxes) with your mouse. While it is highlighted, click on Paper Fill (bottom, left side) > Script > Regal Rose > OK > click on Arrange (at the top) > Order > Send to Back > Mat (on the right side) > move the Size to 6 > Change > Click on Whisper White > OK > OK.

Under the Resource Pallet (on the left), click on the Stamp icon > Browse > All Scallops > Open > Drag the scallop #4 on to your page. While it is highlighted, click on Change Color (on left side) > Regal Rose > OK. Right click on it > Copy. Click on a blank spot on your page and right click Paste. Match the two up to fit across your page.

Under the Resource Pallet (on the left), click on the Embellishment icon > Browse > Grosgrain Ribbon > Open > Drag the So Saffron ribbon on to the top of your scallop > Browse > Grosgrain Ribbon Knot > Open > Drag the So Saffron knot on to the top of your ribbon. While it is highlighted, click on Flip (right hand side).

Once I put my Photo boxes on my page, I noticed I had a blank area so I added a butterfly.

Under the Resource Pallet (on the left), click on the Stamp icon > Simple Friendship > Open. Drag the Butterfly on to your page. Resize it by grabbing one of the gray handles (small boxes) with your mouse. While it is highlighted, click on Change Color (on left side) > So Saffron > OK. To put the butterfly on an angle, drag the slider under Rotate (on right side) to -20.

To add text to a page, click on the Add Text icon (across the top). Type your text in the text box. To change your font and/or font color after typing the text, highlight the portion of the text to change and make the desired changes using the Text section of the Design Center (right side). Click and drag to move the text box to where you want it. Click one of the gray handles (small boxes) around the edges of the text box to resize the text box.

When I finish a page I am pleased with, I like to duplicate it. Insert, Insert Duplicate Page Mirrored. Sometimes I use it as a double page spread and sometimes I just bump it forward for another layout.  Leave me Feedback if you enjoyed this. If you create this page, send me the link and I’d be happy to post it here.

My Digital Studio Catalogue - Can be seen by clicking on MDS Catalogue in top right hand side in my sidebar. The first 25 pages are what come with MDS. The remaining pages are available downloads for purchasing and can be done by clicking on the On Line Ordering button in my left sidebar.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...