Friday, May 15, 2009

SU167 Brayering the Manhattan Flower


Seen this idea on Patty's blog. She used Shimmery White Cardstock, I didn't have any. She did a 'hit and miss' with her brayer. That didn't look so good on the plain white cs so I completely covered my piece with each color without rolling it off onto a scrap paper as Patty did. I just didn't use my brayer forcefully as I wanted the under color to show through. 
 
Embossed the Manhattan Flower die onto White cardstock. Turned the finished image over so the raised portion was facing DOWN onto my table. Inked my brayer in Apricot Appeal and rolled onto "debossed" (flat) side of the rose image. Lightly covered the image entirely with color. Repeated with Pink Passion. Sprayed with glitter.
I found it easier to turn the rose over and cut the image following the raised edges. Originally, I had shaded the bird in pink passion but because of mixing the 2 colors together on the rose, the pink passion had changed color so I used Apricot Appeal to shade the bird instead.
 
Manhattan Flower Textured Impressions Die, Glitter spray, Brayer, Sponge,
Bird w/leaves and flower Bigz Die
White, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery Cardstock
SU! Apricot Appeal, Pink Passion classic ink pads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...