Sunday, January 5, 2020

Merry Moments DSP - LICI – M – 01 Gnome

Now isn’t he just the cutest fellow!  I had ordered a Gnome die from a friend but she was out of stock, so I went hunting on Pinterest and Facebook pages to see what others had done.  Lots of ideas but I didn’t have half the items they used so just figured it out with stuff that I had.  Most of it is retired items from SU! but it is what I had.  Hope you enjoy my punch art Gnome!

I used the In the Woods die to cut a beard from white cardstock.  It was too long, so I cut it at the pencil marks.  The body was a Layering Oval die cut from Smoky Slate cardstock.  His pom pom was punched using a 5/16-inch circle punch from Glimmer paper and his nose is the half inch punch in Powder Pink cardstock.

I stamped the phrase from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set on a scrap of Merry Moments DSP then punched it out with the Large Oval punch.  This was layered on to the Scallop Oval punch from Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  His boots are punched from the Heart To Heart punch in some black glossy photo paper that was in my stash.

The top right corner looked a little blank, so I decided to add a Snowflake Punch from Glimmer paper.

I sponged the body and beard with Basic Gray ink plus I smeared a little over the front of the beard too.  I adhered the point of the beard at the bottom of the body and glue dotted his boots in place.

I cut a rectangle from the Merry Moments DSP at 2” wide by 3” high then cut that into a triangle.  The hat and nose were sponged with Basic Gray ink.  I added the nose to the center of the hat with a glue dot.

Added dimensionals to the nose and bottom of the hat then adhered to the Gnome body.  Add more dimensionals to the hat before adhering to the card front.

I sponged the phrase with Basic Gray ink before adhering it to the scallop oval punch.  Added dimensionals to this as well.

Used a sentiment from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set for the inside.

Stamps: Perfectly Plaid (inside & outside).

Cardstock: White, Black, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Powder Pink, Glimmer paper, Smoky Slate, Merry Moments 6”x 6” (Holiday 2015/16) DSP.

Ink: Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler.

Tools: bone folder, purchased envelope, sponge, dimensionals, Tombow adhesive, snail adhesive, glue dots, Old Olive ribbon.

Punches/Dies: 1/2-inch circle punch, 5/16-inch circle punch, In the Woods dies, Layering Oval dies, Large Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, Heart To Heart punch, Snowflake Punch.

Here is the Merry Moments 6” x 6” Paper Stack DSP from 2015/16 that I have chopped using Kylie Bertucci’s Love It Chop It method.  I’m on a mission to use up ALL my DSP that I have loved for years!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...