Tuesday, March 3, 2015

American Girl Doll Saddle Blanket, Leg wraps and a Neck sash AG025

I found this blanket, leg wraps and neck sash pattern on dolldiaries.com webpage.  She used felt – I’m going to switch it up to fabric. 

Saddle Blanket
Cut fabric 11” wide x 16.5” long.  Press in half with short ends meeting and wrong sides together.  Open up again.  Press the short ends of the fabric at ¼”.  Cut glitter fabric 11.25” x 4.25”.  Lay on one thickness of the fabric at 3” from the short end.
Sew down the center and at both sides.  Because this is a knit, there is no reason to finish the edges.
My Bernina 1230 will sew absolutely anything but it sure does not like this metallic trim.  I cannot get the tension set right so I will sew it on first to hide my stitching line.  Therefore, I will sew it through one thickness of the fabric right next to the fold.
With right sides together, sew the two long sides.  Turn right side out and press.
Topstitch.

Neck Sash
Cut fabric 20” x 5”.  Press in half with wrong sides together.
Open fabric and sew trim about ½” from the fold, stopping about 3” from the selvage edge.  Cut trim to the end of the sash plus ½”.
Fold wrong sides together and sew one short end together (the end that is opposite the selvage edge).
Serge long edge.  Turn right side out.
Bring the 2 ends together and pin them together to a point.
Finish sewing or gluing the trim, tucking the end under.
I used Fabri-Tac to the trim just to be sure it stays.
Add a little charm.  Add dots of glue (I used Tacky glue) to the sash.  Drop a sequin on each dot.  Use the point of a pair of scissors to push the sequin down on the glue so a bit of the glue squeezes through the hole.
Leg Wraps
Cut a strip of the glitter fabric about 28″ long x 1/2″ wide.  Starting just above the hooves, wrap the fabric up the leg.  Tie a knot to finish it off.
I don’t have a saddle for Olivia’s AG Horse but it looks like the horses are the same size.  The horse I used for my model is a My Life brand from Walmart.

Click "Like" on American Girl Doll Creations by Carole Facebook page to receive updates when new items are introduced AND sign up to my Blog so you won’t miss any of my AG tutorial posts!  Ordering info is also on my Facebook page – if you don’t see this item there, just ask me about it.


1 comment:

  1. Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great articles .
    scratches in horses

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...