Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Craft - Popsicle Sticks and Paint


Do you ever find yourself shopping for fabrics, furniture and accessories for your home and wish that you had your paint colors with you to refer to?  Here’s a good tip for that.  Paint one side of a Popsicle stick the color of your room.  Let dry then apply a second coat.  Write the color name and brand of your paint on the backside of the stick.  Do this for every color you use in your house.  Throw them in your purse and you’re good to go!

I knew this trick from years ago but never remembered to do it.  I’m trying really hard to do it with our newly purchased house since we are painting every room it seems!  Since the ensuite and our bedroom are complete, I went looking for towels, soap dish and a toothbrush holder.  When I first walked into the towel section, I headed straight to the color of towels I thought the room was painted and then brought out my handy dandy Popsicle sticks.  Boy was I wrong!  There were so far off, I couldn’t believe it!  With my sticks, I was able to find the right colors.

I wanted something in the beige line for the soap dish and toothbrush holder.  No problem!  This one:
 

Or this one?
 
 

Isn’t it great to learn about good tips!

Speaking of our house, the addition and the single car garage are up and shingled.  I have a bonus room above the garage for my sewing and crafts.  I had the guys make the stairs a little wider to allow for a chair lift should I need one someday.  The electrician and plumber are basically done so we are ready to start insulating etc.
 

My 9 year grandson even made me a step to get into the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...